Sourcers and Recruiters. Do you need both?
First, it’s important to define both roles.
Sourcing involves conducting specific searches to identify candidates who potentially match job order requirements. Searches are completed for active candidates (currently in the market for a new job), as well a passive candidates (not currently looking, but often willing to consider a new position).
Responsibilities of a Sourcer can include:
- Creating custom search strings relevant to the job requirements and conducting searches on commercial job boards, internal databases, and other types of resume databases.
- Posting jobs on commercial and free websites
- Utilizing understanding of online recruiting tactics, communities, social media, blogs, etc. to successfully navigate, post and engage via these channels.
- Depending upon the processes in place, Sourcers may contact candidates and perform pre-qualifying calls.
- Creating and maintaining a pipeline of candidates. Sourcers build and maintain relationships with contacts to continually grow and sustain a solid pool of qualified candidates.
The primary focus of a recruiter is to contact the candidates, present the position details and qualify them for the job – performing screenings on technical skills, soft skills and overall cultural fit. A Recruiter may consult with managers, help to define job descriptions and guide candidates through the process, to include onboarding.
Are Both a Dedicated Sourcer and a Dedicated Recruiter Needed?
Both sourcing and recruiting take time, talent and perseverance to do properly. If the same individual is trying to do double-duty it will slow the process down. Sourcers can recruit and Recruiters can source, but having specific individuals for each duty will produce stronger results, because these individuals will hone their skills and flourish in their defined roles.
At CREDO Technical Staffing, our dedicated delivery team is committed to delivering only quality candidates so that our clients can spend less time sourcing and recruiting and more time interviewing and hiring!
Struggling to find the RIGHT tech talent? Give us a call. 844.633.9011.
Lead Technical Recruiter